Monday, June 17, 2013

Week Four . . . Lions, and Tigers, and Bear, oh my . . .

      I am feeling overwhelmed, but not beaten.  I know I can do this.  I spent hours trying to figure out how to import an test from TestGen to Blackboard.  I finally did it (after a good night of sleep).  The question is "will I remember how I did it?"  My next challenge is to figure out how to "enroll" everyone from the class so that they may have access to the on-line class.  One obstacle after another.
    This week I did learn what a CMS and CSM are, acronyms everywhere. A CMS is a Computer Management System and CSM is a Complete Solution Manual.  I know everyone else knew this, but it is a great thing for me to finally know.
    I created the outline of the course on Blackboard this week.  I am finding Blackboard to be awkward.  I cannot delete the extra clutter that is on the taskbar, I can only hide it from the students.  I am discovering all kinds of thing I can do in Blackboard that I never knew about.  I am looking forward to another week of discoveries.

1 comment:

  1. Very true...Blackboard seems to be somewhat cumbersome...at first. I think because there is such an overwhelmingly "bunch of stuff" to learn, it is scary and "clunky". Once you get used to it, it isn't so bad. I agree that I wish my page looked just like the student's page. I keep having to sign in as a student to see what they can see, and then go back as a teacher to change things.

    ReplyDelete