Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My introduction

Hi all,
   I am a teacher.  Specifically, I teach math at Mat-Su College. I have had this position for fifteen years and love almost every minute of it.  I also tutor in the Learning Center at the college.
   I have lived in Alaska all my life.  My youth was spent in Anchorage and my adult life in Wasilla.  I have two adult children.
   In my spare time, I attempt to play musical instruments.  I play the viola in the Mat-Su Orchestra and the tuba in the Mat-Su Concert Band.
   I am pursuing a Masters in Math Education.  I am not really sure how long I have been working at it.  It has been a long time, as I am taking one class a semester.  I should finish around 2015.
   Not much else to tell about me.  I spend most of my time being a teacher.  I prepare material, I grade material.  I am currently teaching two classes at the college during the Summer session.

1 comment:

  1. Ronna, you are my new best friend in the Mat-Su Valley. I teach prealgebra for UAA and many of my students come to the learning center for testing. Now I have a contact person if they need direction. Sorry for taking advantage of this possibility, but I wouldn't have known this info if you hadn't mentioned it :)~Gary Leiter

    ReplyDelete